UKH Journal of Social Sciences (UKHJSS) is a semi-annual academic journal published by the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr, Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq. UKHJSS publishes original researches in all areas of Social Sciences and is a Peer-Reviewed Open Access journal with CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license. UKHJSS provides immediate, worldwide, barrier-free access to the full text of research articles without requiring a subscription to the journal, and has neither article processing charge (APC) nore article submission charge (ASC). UKHJSS Section Policy includes three types of publications: Articles, Review Articles, and Letters. UKHJSS has an e-ISSN: 2520-7806; and a member of Crossref, DOI: 10.25079/issn.2520-7806 and DOAJ: .
UKHJSS is in the list of accredited Scientific Journals by Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
By publishing with us, your research will get the coverage and attention it deserves. Open access and continuous online publication mean your work will be published swiftly, ready to be accessed by anyone, anywhere, at any time. Article Level Metrics allow you to follow the conversations your work has started.
UKHJSS publishes works from extensive fields including;
- Political science
- Business and management
- Other related areas
Scope and Focus
UKH Journal of Social Sciences (UKHJSS) publishes original research in all areas of Social Sciences. UKHJSS is published biannually by the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr, KRG, Iraq. We believe that if your research is scientifically valid and technically sound then it deserves to be published and made accessible to the research community. UKHJSS aims to provide a service to the international scientific community enhancing swap space to share, promote and disseminate the academic scientific production from research applied to all areas of Social Sciences. By publishing with us, your research will get the coverage and attention it deserves. Open access and continuous online publication means your work will be published swiftly, ready to be accessed by anyone, anywhere, at any time. Article Level Metrics allow you to follow the conversations your work has started.
Articles: This is the main type of publication that UKHJSS will produce.
[Peer Reviewed Indexed Open Submission]
Review Articles: Critical, constructive analysis of the literature in a specific field through summary, classification, analysis, comparison.
[Peer Reviewed Indexed Open Submission]
Letters: Short reports of original research focused on an outstanding finding whose importance means that it will be of interest to scientists in other fields.
[Peer Reviewed Indexed Open Submission]
PEER REVIEW POLICIES
At UKHJSS we are committed to prompt quality scientific work with local and global impacts. To maintain a high-quality publication, all submissions undergo a rigorous review process. Characteristics of the peer review process are as follows:
- The journal peer review process is a "double blind peer review".
- Simultaneous submissions of the same manuscript to different journals will not be tolerated.
- Manuscripts with contents outside the scope will not be considered for review.
- Papers will be refereed by at least 2 experts as suggested by the editorial board.
- In addition, Editors will have the option of seeking additional reviews when needed. Authors will be informed when Editors decide further review is required.
- All publication decisions are made by the journal's Editors-in-Chief on the basis of the referees' reports. Authors of papers that are not accepted are notified promptly.
- All submitted manuscripts are treated as confidential documents. We expect our Board of Reviewing Editors, Associate Editors and reviewers to treat manuscripts as confidential material as well.
- Editors, Associate Editors and reviewers involved in the review process should disclose conflicts of interest resulting from direct competitive, collaborative, or other relationships with any of the authors, and remove oneself from cases in which such conflicts preclude an objective evaluation. Privileged information or ideas that are obtained through peer review must not be used for competitive gain.
- Our peer review process is confidential and identities of reviewers cannot be revealed.
Note: UKHJSS is a member of Crossref and CrossRef services, e.g., CrossCheck. All manuscripts submitted will be checked for plagiarism (copying text or results from other sources) and self-plagiarism (duplicating substantial parts of authors' own published work without giving the appropriate references) using the CrossCheck database. Plagiarism is not tolerated.
For more information about CrossCheck/iThenticate, please visit http://www.crossref.org/crosscheck.html.
UKHJSS is published 2 times per year. Accepted papers are published online ahead of print. UKHJSS is e-published online with e-ISSN: 2520-7806 as/when the process of peer-reviewing in finalized. UKHJSS 's hard-copy published with p-ISSN: Smianually with the first issue publishes the accepted papers during (January - June) and the second issue publishes the accepted papers during (July- December). The hard-copy of UKHJSS issues are published with all accepted online paper within each publication period.
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
The publication of an article in the peer-reviewed journal UKHJSS is to support the standard and respected knowledge transfer network. Our publication ethics and publication malpractice statement is mainly based on the Code of Conduct and Best-Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors (Committee on Publication Ethics, 2011) that includes;
- General duties and responsibilities of editors.
- Relations with readers.
- Relations with authors.
- Relations with editors.
- Relations with editorial board members.
- Relations with journal owners and publishers.
- Editorial and peer review processes.
- Protecting individual data.
- Encouraging ethical research (e.g. research involving humans or animals).
- Dealing with possible misconduct.
- Ensuring the integrity of the academic record.
- Intellectual property.
- Encouraging debate.
- Conflicts of interest.
Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). (2011, March 7). Code of Conduct and Best-Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors. Retrieved from http://publicationethics.org/files/Code_of_conduct_for_journal_editors_Mar11.pdf
- For research conducted on regulated animals (which includes all live vertebrates and/or higher invertebrates), appropriate approval must have been obtained according to either international or local laws and regulations. Before conducting the research, approval must have been obtained from the relevant body (in most cases an Institutional Review Board, or Ethics Committee). The authors must provide an ethics statement as part of their Methods section detailing full information as to their approval (including the name of the granting organization, and the approval reference numbers). If an approval reference number is not provided, written approval must be provided as a confidential supplemental information file. Research on non-human primates is subject to specific guidelines from the Weatherall (2006) report (The Use of Non-Human Primates in Research).
- For research conducted on non-regulated animals, a statement should be made as to why ethical approval was not required.
- Experimental animals should have been handled according to the highest standards dictated by the author’s institution.
- We strongly encourage all authors to comply with the 'Animal Research: Reporting In Vivo Experiments' (ARRIVE) guidelines, developed by NC3Rs.
- Articles should be specific in descriptions of the organism(s) used in the study. The description should indicate strain names when known.
SEARCHING FOR PLAGIARISM
ARTICLES SUBMISSION CHARGES
UKHJSS is an Open Access Journal (OAJ) and has no article submission charges (ASCs).
ARTICLE PROCESSING CHARGES
UKHJSS is an Open Access Journal (OAJ) and has no article processing charges (APCs). The published articles can be downloaded freely without a barrier of admission.